Anthony Joshua has confirmed his awaited and unchallenged fight with Tyson Fury to be happening in June.
The British-Nigerian boxer, 31, who defeated Kubrat Pulev in December, will put his WBC, WBA, WBO, and IBF belts on the line for the ultimate British fight ever.
“June should be the date,” Joshua said during a JD Sports live stream on Sunday. Joshua also said, “Trust me. For the fans, for the people that have been calling it on for many, many months. Shoutout to Fury and his team as well, hungry go-getters, that’s what we are. UK stand up. And to the world, we’re bringing it. I can’t wait. Undisputed.”
This comes after Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn assured fans that the fight is definitely on.
Also saying, “Tyson Fury’s gonna get his wish. We are in, we are in,’ he told Boxing Social last week. Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide. The undisputed king is going to be Anthony Joshua and this fight will happen. This fight is on, trust me.”